Hello, My name is Amit Saha. I work as a software engineer and I write books on computer programming.
I live in Sydney, Australia.
You may be interested in learning more about articles, books and other training materials I have authored. I also share things I learn via presenting at various conferences and meetup groups. I am not an expert on anything I write or share, so if you find a mistake/error in anything i share online, please let me know.
You may find something useful on my GitHub (a software repository host) profile.
Open source contributions
Over the years, I have contributed code/docs to various projects:
- NetBeans IDE (Java)
- SymPy (Python)
- CPython (Python)
- NLog (C sharp)
- Statsd exporter (Go)
- Vector (Rust)
- Inspec (Ruby)
- Pyodide (Python)
(My email address for these commits would be firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
This blog is generated using Hugo and hosted on GitHub pages powered via GitHub actions.
The publishing flow for me looks like this:
- I write my new content as a Markdown file and push a new commit with my changes
- (1) triggers a build - a GitHub action action
- A Docker image containing
hugois built using a custom Dockerfile
- The image is then run to generate the website source
- The generated website source is then pushed to amitsaha.github.io
You can contact me via email (GPG key: 80B8B7E1857DC5B215B48EBE2A18534CA9B35D2B).
- Internet Domains: practicalgobook.net, echorand.me
- Hacker News
You can subscribe to blog posts via RSS and/or also sign up to my newsletter.