This Net Talk titled Sorting Out Solaris Releases is available here (web cast) and the audio is available at
Mentoring organizations for Google Summer of Code’08 was announced recently and none of Sun backed big-wig projects- NetBeans, OpenOffice.org, OpenSolaris featured in the list. I was surprised, especially since the last 2 featured in last year’s list.
Did NetBeans apply?
Did OpenOffice.org apply?
OpenSolaris applied but was not selected (refer:
I just finished the course Introduction to Solaris and opensolaris.org and also got a cool certificate:
After installing Indiana on Ubuntu 7.04 using Virtual Box I wanted to access the Internet from Indiana. I use a PPP connection to connect to the Internet on my host machine. All I had to do is:
- Enable NAT in the Virtual Box settings for the Indiana virtual machine
- Enable DHCP for the virtual network interface on Indiana and enable it so as to activate at boot time
..and it works!
UPDATE: Updated with OpenSolaris 2008.11 here at
A great feature is that you can start a Live CD session either:
- By burning the ISO to a CD, or
- Directly boot from the ISO using Virtual Box or QEMU
Lets get started with Virtual Box:
- Install Virtual Box on Ubuntu 7.04
- Create and Configure a new Virtual Machine